Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Milton Gay, not Marvin Gaye

I really like Marvin Gaye. Growing up near Detroit, you might correctly assume that I am a Motown lover. “I heard it through the Grapevine” is a great song that is on My MP3 Player even as I write these words. So when I heard he was going to be at Central Church I got really excited. But I was also slightly bewildered especially given the fact that Marvin died in 1984.
Oh, wait a minute; my secretary just informed me it’s not Marvin Gaye, but Milton Gay who will be at Central this Sunday. Well, that makes a lot more sense. To quote Roseanne Roseannadanna , “Never mind!”

Milton Gay is a great missionary that many from Central met on the 2006 mission trip to El Salvador. Milton will also be heavily involved in our 2008 mission rip to El Salvador. He will be speaking at a Work and Witness event on Saturday Night, that all our welcome to attend. Rev. Gay will also be speaking in both morning services and to our youth in the Sunday @ Six Service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.