Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Go Team Go?

I'm a sports fan. And I really get it that people are excited about KU winning a championship and the Royal's doing so well and the Wizards... (Does anyone care about soccer? I didn't think so.) But you get the idea, KC is rocking: "Yea our teams are doing great!"

We talk about it with our friends. We talk to strangers about it. It's great news: "Yea! Our teams are doing great." We are passionate about our teams.

Are we equally passionate about our Lord? I am amazed at people who say: "I could never talk to strangers about my faith, that's just not my "gift" but these same folks seem to have no problem talking to strangers about KU. Just where are our priorities?

This is in no way a sports bashing blog... you know I love my sports, but c'mon our commitment to Christ and his calling us to make "more and better disciples" trumps anything that happens on a field or court.

No comments: