Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Summer Reading List?

As many of y'all know, I am a reader. For what it's worth, these are a few of the books that I've read in the last couple of months.

The ones I didn't like-- Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and George Barna.
God is a Salesman by Mark Stevens.

The ones I liked a little: The Shack by (I can't remember the author's name... oops)
The Appeal by John Grisham
The New Atheist Crusaders by Becky Garrison

The ones I really liked: Divine Nobodies by Jim Palmer
I became a Christian and All I got was this lousy T-shirt by Vince Antonucci
The Deity Formerly known as God by Jarrett Stevens

With Summer around the corner, I would recommend any of the last three books for sure-- and lots of people I know loved The Shack, I just wasn't as crazy about it as others.

My current reading list includes:
The God who Smokes by Timothy Stoner
I'm fine with God, It's Christians I can't stand by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz
The Multi-Site Church Revolution by Geoff Surratt, Greg Ligon and Warren Bird

1 comment:

Vince Antonucci: said...

Hey Rob: Thanks for suggesting my book! I'm not sure if you know this, but there's all kinds of (free!) resources (sermons, videos, small group & youth group questions, etc., etc.) available at www.lousytshirtbook.com for churches that want to do a series from the book. Thanks again, vince