Thursday, January 17, 2008

A wake Up Call

Karla and I will be leaving tomorrow for a conference. So I may be out of the "blogsphere" for a while. If I can, I'll keep on blogging from time to time. The conference is on a cruise ship-- so there will be meetings and rest and sun and hopefully recuperation. I really hope that when we return I'll be able to resume my regular (albeit modified) schedule.

One of the "wake up call moments" of the brain hemorrhage is my realization that I have to make some life style changes. Diet and exercise will be a part of that, but also I am having to come to terms that days off are important, and maintaining a healthy balance of work and rest is important. All of my doctors (especially "Doctor" Karla) are insisting that the pace in which I have kept may not have caused the hemorrhage but did not help the situation. So I will be grappling with some of those areas in the days ahead. If even the Lord needed rest on the seventh day, we are foolish to think that we do not need it. It's a lesson I am learning. Unfortunately it took a brain explosion to teach it.

No comments: