Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ministerial Credentials Meeting

A few times a year the district committee on which I serve interviews ministers-in-training as to their ministerial progress. Today was the day. We met at Central which was good for me-- I could sneak out from time to time for a water break in the office. And my sub-committee was assigned the library for our meeting place, which was also good for me since, as you know, our library has nice big comfy chairs. (Always a good thing for an all day meeting!) And we had Zarda for lunch-- which was probably not good for me (but the cookies I ate were very good for me).

The sub-committee that I was a part of met with eight or nine individuals. Unlike some of these gatherings, all of the candidates that we met with were well spoken, thoughtful and obviously called by God to some form of ministry. (Our own Aaron Van Strien came before my committee-- he was terrific!) I was struck by the passion, zeal and enthusiasm for ministry that these individuals displayed and once again I quietly prayed that the Lord would keep the fire alive in me as well! I pray that the burning desire to serve the Lord and see people come to know Him will always be with me-- like it is in the ministers I saw today.

No comments: