Friday, April 13, 2007

Need Something to Read?

A little while ago I finished reading: In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. I highly recommend it!

Right now my reading list includes: God on Mute by Peter Greig-- the subtitle is "Engaging the Silence of Unanswered prayer. So far (I'm about half way through it), so good!

Also, When Love Bends Down by Michael Lodahl from NPH is also quite good.

Next on my reading list is Sex God by Rob Bell. He's the author of a favorite of mine, Velvet Elvis. I'll let you know what I think of the new one in a week or so.

I'm off to officiate at a funeral for Imogene Stines in a few minutes. Imogene is Annette Shaw's mother. Please pray for the family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you read "The Lamb and the Führer: Jesus Talks with Hitler" (by Ravi Zacharias)? Synopsis: Hitler and Jesus are having a dialogue when they're visited by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Knowing you're a fan of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, I thought you might have come across this title. I've just ordered the book, so haven't read it yet. I'll let you know how it goes!