Monday, July 16, 2007

God's Kingdom is bigger....

Of course, we always love visitors at Central. I met some new folks yesterday. One family I met was a mom and dad and their college student son. The son is getting ready to attend Med School in the fall and the parents were here to get him settled. Actually the mom is going to stay in Kansas City, and the dad is heading back home at the end of summer. Home for this family is Cairo, Egypt. The dad is a member of the Egyptian Supreme Court and is a Believer! How cool is that!!

I am glad that we have a church that no matter where in the world you are from you are welcome! On any given Sunday, we have people in church from all over the world, and it reminds me again and again that God's kingdom is bigger than national borders. God's kingdom is bigger than culture or language. The old, old Bill Gaither song is right: I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God.

This Sunday if you see Peter and his family (or anyone else you don't recognise) make sure you make them feel welcome at Central!!

No comments: