Thursday, May 10, 2007

God's Grace is All I Need

Of all the Christians who have ever lived in the last 2,000 years, if I were to rank them in some sort of “who’s who” order, I would probably put the Apostle Paul toward the top of the list. I mean the guy wrote thirteen of the books in that Bible that I read every day. By all accounts, that is an impressive stat. So, if Paul is at the top of the “Super Christian “ list, you would think that if anybody ever had a problem, prayed and could expect an immediate remedy for said problem it would be the Apostle Paul right?

Not so fast.

In 2 Corinthians Paul says this: Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:8-9) Sometimes, God doesn’t take away the ailment, the problem, the “thorn in our flesh.” Sometimes he says: “My grace is all you need.”

I’m so glad His grace is all I need. Maybe you are like me today—I need a good dose of God’s grace. And this I know: it will be all I need.

No comments: